9.28.09: No class, no school--Yom Kippur.
9.29.09: Poetry in translation workshop, Day 3. Everyone should have her packets in on Tuesday. We will distribute at the beginning of class so that we can take notes on the packets the night before the presenters go. We will be looking at translations from Kellie, Olivia, & Sam J.
9.30.09: Poetry in translation workshop, Day 4. We will be looking at translations from Sandy, Jess, Gaelle, & Jen.
10.1.09: Poetry in translation workshop, Day 5. We will be looking at translations from Steph J, Hillary, Jackie.
10.2.09: Long Block. Part 2 "Gatsby" of Reading Lolita in Tehran is due (pages 79 - 153), with 5 notebook entries and post-its ready to go for a graded Student Run Discussion (SRD).
- Umass Lowell, AP Day on Sat. Oct 3rd. Make sure to give your permission slips to Ms. Clapp asap.
- Your final translation assignment will be due on Monday, Oct 5th.
- We will begin college essay discussions on Monday, Oct 5th.
- We will be reading Ibsen's A Doll's House the week of Oct 5th.
- I totally owe you all a mass email through snapgrades; I have done quite a bit of grading lately and am pretty caught up--so I will email you your password / log in info and pass stuff back to you on soon.
Above image of Joan Mitchell, one of my favorite painters, was taken from the archives of LIFE magazine, which first appeared on May 13, 1957.